Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 4 - 9/4/13

Yesterday was a rest day.  It started great!  I was able to walk 1 mile.  It was an awesome accomplishment.  Wow!  That sounds sad!  But a few years ago, I was able to lose a lot of weight by walking 3-5 miles/day and strictly watching my diet.  I was able to maintain the walking until May.  I came back from a trip to Jordan and I got sciatica so bad that I couldn't walk and I was in near constant pain.  Unfortunately, this zapped my attempts at being healthy as well as made me often frustrated from having the pain that I couldn't get rid of.  ...I still have some pain, but almost 2 months after starting with a chiropractor, it was a wonderful accomplishment to be able to walk.

Unfortunately, after the walk, it was down hill.  My diet was less than wonderful and imploded when I got home at 9pm, hungry, and needing to finish the left over chicken wings in the refrigerator.

Today was better for both diet and exercise.  After a bit of a frustrating start where I was too stiff to do much this morning, I had a pretty good diet day and was able to feel good about the workout I did this evening.  Yay!!! 

If I keep making goals, tracking goals, working toward goals, and getting back on track if I goof before it gets too far out of hand...then I can break through where I see myself and revision myself!!

and again, Yay me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment